Beginning this September, the AIS Membership Committee will host a series of 11 webinars with authors from the Journal of the Association for Information Systems (JAIS) and Communications of the Association for Information Systems (CAIS) discussing their research on Healthcare Information Technology.
Journal Clubs were established more than 150 years ago for professors and students to share and discuss current research. Today, this same educational exchange can take place worldwide through online webinars. Educators are encouraged to schedule these sessions as a graduate study program. AIS SIGs, chapters, and student chapters might also be interested in the webinars as content for their meetings.
The one-hour sessions will be held Wednesdays at 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time and include Q&A from the audience. Discussion will continue after the webinar on LinkedIn. Sessions will be recorded and available online.
AIS members can register to attend live sessions and download recordings at no cost as a benefit of membership. Non-members will pay a $25 fee per session.
Scheduled to present are:
- 9/10 Patients Are Not Simply Health IT Users or Consumers: The Case for “e Healthicant” Applications presented by Susan A. Sherer, PhD, Lehigh University
- 9/17 Educating Students in Healthcare Information Technology: IS Community Barriers, Challenges, and Paths Forward presented by Samir Chatterjee, PhD, Claremont Graduate University
- 9/24 Health Care IT: Process, People, Patients and Interdisciplinary Considerations presented by Fay Cobb Payton, PhD, North Carolina State University
- 10/1 Security Risk Management in Healthcare: A Case Study presented by Humayun Zafar, PhD, Kennesaw State University
- 10/8 The Clinical Impact of eHealth on the Self-Management of Diabetes: A Double Adoption Perspective presented by Helen Kelley, PhD, University of Lethbridge
- 10/15 Underpinning a Guiding Theory of Patient-Centered E-Health presented by E. Vance Wilson, PhD, Worcester Polytechnic Institute
- 10/22 Making the Case for Leveraging the Patient-Centered E-Health (PCEH) Context to Expand Information Systems Theory presented by Aaron Baird, PhD, Georgia State University
- 10/29 Health Digital Inclusion and Patient-centered Care Readiness in the USA presented by Jun Sun, PhD, University of Texas – Pan American
- 11/5 Information Technology Issues in Healthcare: Hospital CEO and CIO Perspectives presented by Prashant Palvia, PhD, The University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- 11/12 Evaluation as a Multi-Ontological Endeavour: A Case from the English National Program for IT in Healthcare presented by Ela Klecun, PhD, London School of Economics
- 11/19 Ubiquitous Healthcare Information System: Toward Crossing the Security Chasm presented by Sweta Sneha, PhD, Kennesaw State University
If you have any questions about attending or sponsoring this webinar series, please contact Rachel Daeger at firstname.lastname@example.org.